Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Singapore Flyer!


Hm, I just want to share something quite memorable and worth sharing to everyone.

On 7th March 2008, my school organised a trip to the Singapore Flyer (The World's Tallest Classroom) for all Secondary 3 Express and Normal(Academic) pupils.

When I heard the programmes and the tasks we had to do during the trip, I did not expect much as it was my first time visiting the Singapore Flyer and the time frame of the learning journey looks pretty short. However, I felt nervous and excited when my group and the other subgroups, accompanied with two teachers, were waiting to enter the capsule. The expressions on everyone's face, showed the same feeling as me. On the other hand, some had an apprehensive look on their faces.

In the Singapore Flyer capsule, it was very capacious as it is still quite spacious even after the twenty-two of us had boarded the capsule. As the Flyer turns, the capsule slowly moves up, everyone suddenly became rambunctious and those with slight acrophobia sat on the benches located right at the middle of the capsule. I sat near the glass of the capsule with my friends as we aren't afraid of heights and can also have a better view of Singapore and its also a better place to take photographs. We sat near the glass on the floor instead of standing up because our legs got tired after exploring the tropical rainforest and walking around Level 1 and 2 to take pictures before going up the Singapore Flyer to do other activities and tasks. The most exciting moment was when the capsule got higher and higher. Cacophony of students' chatter made the 'flight' more blithesome. Everyone stared in wonderment at the spectacular and magnificent view from the bird's eye view angle or perspective. Many landscapes caught my attention especially the Esplanade, as it is very outstanding, and also the place where I experienced a play for the first time in my life with my fellow schoolmates and teachers, and the Floating Stadium was next as it is visible no matter where you are around the Flyer.

As I mentioned, the time frame looks short, I did not have enough time to observe everything, however, it was not that the time was short but it was how i managed the time. I was taking photographs most of the time. I guess my expectations were met, which was to take a photo with my friends and teachers on the ride, and to complete the assignments given.

And lastly, not to forget something that was certainly memorable, which was when my teacher suggested on taking a group photo. We did not take just one but a countless number of photographs due to the number of cameras on board with us on the Singapore Flyer!

After the learning journey, the time frame was actually fine for everything to end, except for the sight-seeing part. I think the trip was worth going as I had realised many things about Singapore after the trip and it also increases the friendship that bonds between us. I would absolutely recommend this 'flight' to everyone. If i were given the opportunity to take the 'flight' again, I would definitely go without any hesitation!

1 comment:

Dodo said...

Hey.. Looks like u really enjoyed the ride girl.. Haha.. Nice post too.. =)